The Training and Development Committee call for an SGM on May 12th 2019 at 4pm in Dublin
Exact Location TBC:
Agenda as follows:
Proposal for a change to the current structure and function of Canoeing Irelands Training and Development Unit (TDU) this shall be voted on as one motion and as per constitution no other business will be dealt with at the SGM and there is no quorum number needed for an SGM.
The TDU committee would like to propose the following to its members.
That the structure of the TDU be changed in the following ways:
1. Removal of all elected officers
2. Canoeing Ireland Staff take on the running of the TDU’s business with immediate effect
3. The High Performance Director (HPD) takes on the Coaching awards and competitive disincline skills awards
4. The Training and Development officer (TDO) takes on responsibility for all other areas of the award scheme and TDU business
5. Both the HPD & TDO will be the responsible/accountable people to the members of Canoeing Ireland for the award scheme
6. Both the HPD & TDO must set up Technical Advisory Panels (TAP) in the Areas of Competitive discipline coaching, River Kayaking, Sea Kayaking, Open Canoeing, Stand Up Paddle Boarding, Paddle Surf, Safety etc. These TAP panels will be made up of club based and professional instructors and will help guide future development and maintain the award schemes. TAP’s should be a minimum of 4 people and will be publicised.
7. Canoeing Ireland will organise/hold an annual Training meeting where alterations/additions/updates to the award scheme developed by the Officers and TAP members will be presented to its members and open discussion on these can be held. An open forum will also be so members can voice their opinions, concerns, compliments etc.
8. Canoeing Ireland will organise and run a number of CPD’s for its members each year to help in areas that need development or focus.
9. Existing TDU account funds be spent on promotion and development of the award scheme.
If the above is accepted and passed by members it will come into immediate effect following the next TDU AGM and part E. Election of Officers on that AGMs agenda will be removed. Any nominations for executive or officer positions on the TDU will be taken as expressions of interest in being included on a Technical Advisory Panel.
#Canoeing Ireland #loveirishpaddling