Halloween Kayak Camp 2019
Canoeing Ireland is proud to announce the launch of Halloween Kayak Camps. The camps are aimed at young people between the ages of 10 and 16 and will over the October mid term break
- The aim of the camps is to introduce young people to a range of paddle sports in a safe and fun environment.
- To have fun, learn a variety of paddle sports and gain basic skill levels
- Canoeing Ireland award certificates in kayaking and sit on tops can be attained.
- Promote team building and water safety awareness between young people.
- To make new friends
During the week participants will be introduced to a mix of paddle sports including Kayaking, Canoeing and Sit-on-Tops. They will partake in workshops in competitive disciplines such as Slalom, Polo and Wildwater. They will get to experience short river trips and learn about paddle fitness. The camp will also cover water safety knowledge and skills.
- (Half Day) 10:00 – 13:00 for 10 – 16 yrs
Young people will be divided into appropriate age groups on the first day. Children are advised to bring a packed lunch
Half day: €99 pp
How to book
- Download an Application form Here
- Email the application form to email@example.com or post to our address: Canoeing Ireland, Irish Sport Hq, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Camps operate from our Training Centre on the Strawberry beds, Lucan. Link
Not in Dublin? Click here
What to bring
We supply all the kayaking gear. What you need to bring is suitable clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel. If you have your own wet gear you are welcome to bring that.
Don’t bring any of your good stuff! It’s a busy half day so you’ll need a packed lunch with lots of snacks, plenty to drink to keep yourself hydrated throughout.
All young people must be signed in and out of the camp everyday by a parent or guardian,