Youth Kayak Academy 2021
The principle aim of the Summer Youth Kayak Academy is to provide paddling opportunities for young paddlers to continue their participation in the sport.
It is open to anyone between the ages of 12 and 16 who is at minimum Level 2 Kayak Skills standard.
Due to the Coronavirus outbreak there will be restrictions to our kayaking activities however based on Canoeing Ireland guidelines we propose to run a limited programme for Kayak Academy members on a trial basis based on the following format
- All the sessions will be located at the Training Centre
- Sessions will be limited to a maximum of six participants
- Sessions will be one day a week over 6 weeks.
- Sessions will be over a two and half hours either in morning from 10 – 12.30 or afternoon from 2pm – 4.30 pm
- There may be an opportunity to participate in Coaching Clinics – Freestyle, Slalom and other competitive canoe disciplines
- There will be very limited access to Centre building
- Shower facility will not be available
- Centre will supply Buoyancy Aids, Helmets , kayaks , paddles and spray decks . Wetsuits will be available however participants will be asked to supply their own if possible
- All participants will be expected to adhere to general hygiene guidelines including use of hand sanitizers and hand washing facilities throughout the Centre
- Participants will be expected to adhere to current social distancing guidelines at all times whilst at the Training Centre
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 860681321 for further details
What to bring
The Training Centre will supply all the kayaking gear. Students need to bring appropriate clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel
Course take place at the Canoeing Ireland Training Centre on the Strawberry Beds –