Course packages for Scouting Ireland
Canoeing Ireland offer Scouting and Girl Guides groups a number of different packages to choose from to assist them to get their groups kayaking. These range from a 2-4 hour sessions to full day courses and progression courses.
Half day – Get your Troop Kayaking Session (Taster Session)
Half Day 10:00 – 14:00
Group Package Price
- €240 for up to 12 participants
- €320 for up to 18 participants
- €480 for up to 24 participants
This is based on a minimum of 12 per group.
How it works?
- Groups will be split in two, with each group getting a two hour canoeing session.
- While one half of the group will be on the water (or under the supervision of instructors) the other half of the group will be the responsibility of the scout leaders when they are not directly involved in a canoeing session.
- Leaders may choose to stagger the arrival and departure of the group or to do bank based activity with the half of the group who aren’t on the water.
One Day Course – Scouting Ireland Stage 5 Paddling Award
Canoeing Ireland is offering a Canoeing package, designed exclusively for Scouts to achieve their Stage 5 paddling award as part of the Adventure Skills programme.
- Full day 10:00 – 16:00
Group Package Price:
- €280 for up to 8 participants (This means a fantastic price of €35 per head)
The course can be run on any date that suits the group depending on availability
(Please note there is a Minimum age of 8 years old)
- Scouts will get a chance to learn how to operate at least two types of crafts – such as kayaks, canoes or sit-on-tops
- Participants will learn Canoeing Ireland level 1 skills
- The course will also cover all theory, knowledge and safety required for the participant to achieve a Stage 5 paddling award as set out by the Adventure Skills syllabus.
How to book
Email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring on courses: We supply all the kayaking gear. What you need to bring is appropriate clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel.
Check out the video of 20th Dundrum Scout Troop and Taney Cubs who partook in this day