Course packages for Scouting Ireland
Canoeing Ireland offers Scouting and Girl Guides groups a number of different packages to choose from to assist them to get their groups kayaking. These range from 2-4 hour sessions to full-day courses and progression courses.
Half-day – Get your Troop Kayaking Session (Taster Session)
Half-Day 10:00 – 14:00
Group Package Price
- €270 for up to 12 participants
- €405 for up to 18 participants
- €540 for up to 24 participantsThis is based on a minimum of 12 per group at an great price of €22.50 per person
How does it work?
- Groups will be split in two, with each group getting a two-hour paddling session.
- While one half of the group will be on the water (or under the supervision of instructors) the other half of the group will be the responsibility of the scout leaders when they are not directly involved in a canoeing session.
- Leaders may choose to stagger the arrival and departure of the group or to do bank based activity with half of the group who aren’t on the water.
One Day Course – Scouting Ireland Stage 5 Paddling Award
Canoeing Ireland is offering a Canoeing package, designed exclusively for Scouts to achieve their Stage 5 paddling award as part of the Adventure Skills programme.
- Full day 10:00 – 16:00
Group Package Price:
- €320 for up to 8 participants (This means a fantastic price of €40 per head)
The course can be run on any date that suits the group depending on availability
(Please note there is a minimum age of 10 years old)
- Scouts will get a chance to learn how to operate at least two types of crafts – such as kayaks, canoes or sit-on-tops
- Participants will learn Canoeing Ireland level 1 skills
- The course will also cover all theory, knowledge, and safety required for the participant to achieve a Stage 5 paddling award as set out by the Adventure Skills syllabus.
For further details and how to book
Email : email@example.com
What to bring on courses: We supply all the kayaking gear. What you need to bring is appropriate clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel.