The aim of the programme is to enable participants to plan and develop navigational tools to undertake open water crossings or prolonged coastal journeys in moderate to rough sea conditions with tidal complexities or limited escape options. Following the training participants will be able:
- To apply the relevant knowledge and information in planning a trip in areas of tidal races / overfalls, open crossings or areas with limited escape options.
- To develop their knowledge to navigate on the water using advanced pilotage techniques in poor visibility or in hours of darkness.
- To know how to interpret and apply data from the various resources to aid them in trip planning
- To be able to plan an advanced marine journey and have taken into account weather, tide and other anticipated hazards.
- Understand the priorities of the rescue services in an emergency situation.