Starting a Club
If you find that there is no club in your area that caters for your chosen canoeing discipline, you may choose to start your own club.
Before you become a club, please make sure you have the following:
- Discussed with a Canoeing Ireland staff members what you want out of the club and what Canoeing Ireland can do for the club.
- Club Affiliation form sent to CI office – support @canoe.ie
- Club Constitution sent to CI office – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, safety officer (if allowing minors into the club, Children s officer).
- Risk Assessment and Safety Statement for the Club and for engagement with Minors or vulnerable adults.
- Minimum of 5 people against the club on the Canoeing Ireland Database.
- Submit to the GDPR recommendations of Canoeing Ireland.
Canoeing Ireland and the Training & Development Unit have produced a number of resources to assist new clubs, downloadable here in PDF format –
(Canoeing Ireland Board have the right to refuse membership.)
Club Resource pack (to be updated)
Club Affiliation Form
Sample Club Membership Form
The Benefits of Canoeing Ireland’s Equipment Loan Scheme