• Be able to list the basic safety rules of Canoeing.
• Describe how to contact the emergency services.
• Be able to outline the weather and environmental factors that affect a canoeing session, including be able to identify the following: General Weather Outlook, wind direction and speed, air temperature and water conditions.
• Be able to list the aspects of good group management and identify, explain, and give examples of the CLAP concept of group management.
• Be able to list the most important factors of trip planning.
the use of a tow using equipment or painter.