The Level 2 Kayak Instructor Qualification requires that a candidate attend a registered two-day Level 2 Kayak Instructor training course (or a programme of similar duration) and a half day assessment.
- A 16-hour Level 2 Kayak Instructor training course plus a log of 30 hours practical experience.
- A 32-hour, 8 module training course.
- Trainee Instructors who have completed the 32-hour training course have no requirement to log additional experience.
- Candidates who have successfully completed the Training Course and Assessment can apply for Level 2 Instructor Assessment upon completion of the logbook requirements.
The training course comprises of practical and theory sessions that try to allow participants to engage in learning opportunities to explore their own instructional skills development.
The training course are usually tailored as much as possible to groups of participants attending the course, but the training course is structured to cover a number of knowledge areas, these are as follows.
- Personal and technical skills knowledge
- Session Planning and logistics
- Safety and rescue and risk assessment
- Professional Practice
Please consult the following documents prior to applying for an assessment to ensure you have complete the relevant training and certification, and for details on the format of the assessment –