The Sea Kayak Level 2 Peer Award aims to enable participants to:
- Can control a kayak and confidently paddle with peers in Level 2 conditions and also capable of joining more experienced kayakers on a trip led by certified leaders or instructors.
- Can work with others to perform an assisted rescue as a swimmer and as a rescuer.
- Have a fundamental understanding of weather, tides and have been introduced to basic navigation skills.
- Know methods for summoning outside rescue assistance.
- Understand how to reduce my impact on the environment and wildlife while sea kayaking.
- Identify the next step involved in the Canoeing Ireland Sea Kayak Skills Awards.