Following the launch of the new Canoeing Ireland website earlier in the year, the Canoeing Ireland office have been busy working with our new database developer, Brendan O’Sullivan, from Sulware, to build a web based interactive database for the members of Canoeing Ireland. This week has been particularly busy in the hope of launching Phase 1 of the new Canoeing Ireland web database interface next week. The new database interface looks and feels really good, it is responsive meaning it will be mobile and tablet friendly. We are now tantalisingly close to launching Phase 1, with some major data entry and update work to be completed early next week and few minor bugs to be ironed out before we launch. It’s an exciting time for us here in Canoeing Ireland as it will have a huge impact on how we do our business.
What to expect in Phase 1 of the release:
- New Individual members will be able to record their first Canoeing Ireland membership fully online with secure Realex payment systems
- All existing members will be able to enter their email address so they can be sent their login details. (note you must have an email address registered with Canoeing Ireland for this to work, or submit an email address for registration)
- All existing members will be able to login and edit all of their personal details, and also view their certification history, their course history, their Canoeing Ireland membership history, their club membership history, their first aid expiry, their child protection certification, their Garda Vetting Status and their
online transaction history.
- Existing individual members will be able to renew their membership online with a secure Realex payment system. (Club members will have to go through their Club Secretaries to renew membership during Phase 1 of the release).
- Club Secretaries will be able to edit club details and committee members, and view current and past members (names only),
Canoeing Ireland Club registration history, and online transaction history.
- Club Secretaries will be able to renew Canoeing Ireland Club Registration (to register the club with Canoeing Ireland).
- Club Secretaries will be able to easily renew and record new Canoeing Ireland Club Memberships online (to register club members with Canoeing Ireland).
What to expect over the coming months as we release more phases:
- Club members will be able to renew their Canoeing Ireland membership at club rates, (online secretary approval will still be required).
- All Members can view and post in a private Canoeing Ireland forum reserved for registered members of Canoeing Ireland.
- Club Secretaries will have the option to collect their own club fees through the database interface, which will be paid out to clubs on a monthly basis.
- Qualified Instructors will be able to load training courses and assessment onto the database, load members onto courses and assessments, and, order the associated certificates through the database interface. . All course entry pre-requirements will be automatically checked.
- Registered Providers will be able to publish training courses and assessments to the Canoeing Ireland training calendar through the database interface. Members will be able to register for courses directly through the training calendar and database interface. All course entry pre-requirements will be automatically checked.
- Discipline Committees, Clubs and Registered Providers will be able to create events on the database interface, which will be published to the Canoeing Ireland events calendar. Members will be able to register for events directly through the event calendar and database interface.