Check out the newest edition of the TDU newsletter: goo.gl/rVNnDR and find out about a diverse sample of what the kayaking community have been up to since the last issue, including expeditions, reviewing equipment, paddling for charity, college kayaking, instructing, sea kayaking and thoughts on a first Liffey Descent and new invasive species to name a few.
The articles in this edition:
- A Note from the TDU Committee
- 5 S**theads in Nepal – Niall O Broin
- EPP Meeting in Slovenia – Kevin O’Callaghan
- Ropes: a Few Things to Consider – Jon Mackey
- Charity Paddle in Aid of Crumlin Children’s Hospital – Paul Kirwan
- Asian Clam Invasive Species – Kieran McKevitt
- Freshers’ Trip to Castlebar – Richard Robinson
- Open to New Experiences – Lena Doherty
- Circumnavigation of Ireland’s Biggest Island; Achill – David Horkin
- Talking is Not Teaching: Lessons from Short Stories – Dave O’Reilly
- DUKC Freshers Trip to Bundoran – Billy Brazil
- Best Practice for Sea Kayakers During a Helicopter Rescue – Leon Conway
- My First Descent – Frank Murphy
Congratulations to Jon Mackey who won the draw for the prize this edition which was a FXr BA sponsored by Great Outdoors.
A huge thank you to all of the contributors in this edition: writers Niall O Broin, Kevin O’Callaghan, Jon Mackey, Paul Kirwan, Kieran McKevitt, Richard Robinson, Lena Doherty, David Horkin, Dave O’Reilly, Billy Brazil, Leon Conway, Frank Murphy, editor Laura Griffin and sponsor Great Outdoors.
The next newsletter will be published in the new year, keep the articles coming to firstname.lastname@example.org! Merry Christmas and happy paddling in 2015 from all the committee.