Kayak Summer Camp 2019
Canoeing Ireland is proud to announce the launch of its Summer Adventure Kayak Camps. The camps are aimed at young people between the ages of 8 and 16 and will run during July and August
- The aim of the camps is to introduce young people to a range of paddle sports in a safe and fun environment.
- To have fun, learn a variety of paddle sports and gain basic skill levels
- Canoeing Ireland award certificates in kayaking and sit on tops can be attained.
- Promote team building and water safety awareness between young people.
- To make new friends
During the week participants will be introduced to a mix of paddle sports including Kayaking, Canoeing and Sit-on-Tops. They will partake in workshops in competitive disciplines such as Slalom, Polo and Wildwater. They will get to experience short river trips and learn about paddle fitness. The camp will also cover water safety knowledge and skills.
Advanced Camp: Participants on the advanced camp must hold a Level 2 Certificate and have some prior knowledge of Level 3 Skills. Activities on the advanced camp will include Level 3 Skills Training, Introduction to River Safety and Rescue 1&2, river trips.
|Week||Month||Date||Junior Half Day||Junior Full Day||Senior Camp||Advanced Camp|
|1||June||24th - 28th||x||x||✓||x|
|2||July||1st - 5th||✓||✓||✓||x|
|3||July||8th - 12th||✓||✓||✓||x|
|5||July||22nd - 26th||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|6||July - August||29th - 2nd||✓||✓||✓||x|
|7||August||6th - 9th||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|8||August||12th - 16th||✓||✓||✓||x|
|9||August||19th - 23rd||✓||✓||✓||x|
- Junior Camp (Half Day) 10:00 – 13:00 for 8 to 10yrs
- Junior Camp (Full Day) 10:00 – 15:00 for 10 to 12yrs
- Senior Camp (Full Day)10:00 – 15:00 for 13 – 16yrs.
- Advanced Camp – 10:00 – 15:00 for 12-16yrs
Free supervision is available from 9:30 and until 15:30 with the Instructors on site. Children are advised to bring a packed lunch
Junior Camp half day: €99 pp
*Bank Holiday (4 day camp) €85pp
Junior and Senior Camps Full day: €149 pp
*Bank Holiday (4 day camp) €130 pp
Advanced Camp: €159 pp
Early booking before 4th May 2019 receive 10% discount.
- €5 discount for each sibling
- Discount of 10% group bookings of 4+
- Discount of 20% group bookings of 8+
How to book
- Download an Application form Here
- Email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to our address: Canoeing Ireland, Irish Sport Hq, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Camps operate from our Training Centre on the Strawberry beds, Lucan. Link
Not in Dublin? Click here
What to bring
We supply all the kayaking gear. What you need to bring is suitable clothing for under the wetsuit, Shorts/Swimming gear, warm fleece/hoodie or thermal that can get wet and also old runners and a towel. If you have your own wet gear you are welcome to bring that.
Don’t bring any of your good stuff! It’s a busy half/full day so you’ll need a packed lunch with lots of snacks, plenty to drink to keep yourself hydrated throughout.
All young people must be signed in and out of the camp everyday by a parent or guardian,