If you, your coaches or any volunteer in your club/ organisation is interested in a local Disability Inclusion Training workshop, Saturday 8th November, at Newpark Sports Centre, please forward this email to them.
Booking online here: https://regonline.activeeurope.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1489571
This is an introduction level course designed to give participants ideas and inspiration to adapt their Sport, Physical Activity and Physical Education sessions to make them more accessible and inclusive for children and adults with disabilities.
This course has been designed for a range of audiences including National Governing Bodies, Coaches,Sports Development Officers, Volunteers, Principals, Teachers, SNAs, Administrative staff, Leisure Personnel, Parents or anyone who has an interest in making sport accessible for all!
- Know and understand the different disability types. disability etiquette and the pathways to participation for people with disabilities
- Develop confidence and competence to adapt skills, activities and games to make them more accessible and inclusive for people with disabilities
- Participate in a range of adapted activities that promote inclusion
On completion of this course all participants will receive:
- A Disability Inclusion Training Certificate of Completion from Coaching Ireland and the CARA National Adapted Physical Activity Centre
- A Resource Pack including an informative support manual along with a pack of skill, warm up and games resource cards
Theory Module includes:
- Perceptions and experience
- Disability awareness
- Barriers and potential solutions to participation
- An introduction to the inclusion spectrum
- Where to go for further support and opportunities
Practical Module covers:
- Principles of adapting (TREE Concept)
- How to adapt activities to promote inclusion
- How to create a strategy for the inclusion of all within your session whatever their ability level
- How to develop fun warm up activities, games and specific sports ideas to ensure coaching methods and delivery style provide maximum participation for all ability levels
Phena O’Connor|Sports Inclusion Disability Officer|Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown Sports Partnership.
County Hall, Marine Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland.
T +353 1 271 9506| F +353 1 205 4749| E firstname.lastname@example.org| www.dlrsportspartnership.ie