Further to Return to Paddling guidelines Phase 1 it will be possible to get back on the water in small groups (max 4) from Monday 18th May. Currently there is limited access to the Liffey as a number of the usual access points are closed e.g. Strawberry Hall ,Wrens Nest carpark and at a regular get -in point above the weir in Lucan there is a pair of nesting swans. The male swan is particularly aggressive and territorial and should be treated with caution.
From Monday 18th May access to the Canoeing Ireland Training Centre carpark may be available to currently registered Canoeing Ireland members to access and egress the river subject to the following conditions:
- Members need to pre-book and obtain prior permission
- Members use their own gear and equipment – no sharing
- Members change in carpark observing social distancing
- Group size is limited of 4 people at any one time
- Members paddle within personal limits
- There is no access to building
- Acceptance that usage of carpark is at own risk and that Canoeing Ireland is not liable for any damage or injury
- Available between 10am and 9pm
This is being done on a trial basis and will be reviewed on a weekly basis.
To book and for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org