Canoeing Ireland has an exciting opportunity for a communications intern to join our media team for the European Canoe Slalom Championships, gaining fantastic experience in sports media and communications. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed worker to take up wide ranging communications tasks under the current communications lead. The placement will take place from 28th April – 9th May, involving a training period leading in to the event and a lead role in covering the Irish Team performances at the competition. During this time the role will involve maintaining a presence on social media, producing digital content in-keeping with the current aesthetic, and remotely covering international canoeing competitions featuring the Irish Team. A familiarity with the sport is preferred but not a necessity.
Duties and skill requirements
- Graphic design. Poster creation
- Video production. Event highlight videos
- WordPress management. Updating Canoe.ie content
- Media liaising. Writing and distributing press releases on Irish Team performances
- Social media. Managing Canoeing Ireland social media channels appropriately
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org