Canoeing Ireland would like to invite clubs to apply for a small grant to support females in your club with progressing their skills once clubs return to activity on the water. Please read the following information before applying.
The aim of the ‘Bridge the Gap Paddle to Progress’ programmes are to:
- Regroup female club members by running either a refresher or skills progression style course.
- More advanced female club member(s) to lead or assist in leading the course.
- Funding allocated through this programme is used by the club to sponsor the female club member(s) who volunteer to lead/assist in the running of the course(s) on their instructor/coach pathway.
Examples of how this may be used:
- towards instructor training/assessment
- towards coach training/assessment
- towards skills training/assessment
- split the funding to subsidise costs of the above examples for multiple female members
- The course has a minimum of 8 hours contact time and can take place over a series of evenings or weekends.
- Each course runs within ratio guidelines of 1:6 or 1:8 depending on the instructor/coach qualifications
- Female club members assist or lead the course.
- The content of each course will be decided by clubs to meet different clubs needs
- All participants on the course must be current members of the club and Canoeing Ireland
Terms & Conditions of Application
- Each course will be awarded €220 through Bridge the Gap Women in Sport funding
- Applicant clubs must be affiliated to Canoeing Ireland
- Courses must be scheduled to run in 2021
- Funding is limited, clubs will be considered on a first come first served basis
- Applicant clubs will be subject to an approval process by Women in Sport Lead in the first instance
- Canoeing Ireland will endeavour to support as many clubs as possible.
Please fill in the following form to apply for the Bridge the Gap Paddle to Progress Programme. If you have any questions please contact Emer Carton: email@example.com / 086 068 1313