We are seeking a dynamic and committed individual to develop paddlesports in Ireland in accordance with Canoeing Ireland’s Strategic Plan.
The Development Officer will be a key member of the staff team and will work with stakeholders including clubs, committees, members and partner organisations to increase and improve participation in paddlesports in Ireland. Key activities are:
- Development – As a member-club centred organisation, strengthening the capacity of our clubs to grow the sport is a core function.
- Training – Development, promotion and administration of the Canoeing Ireland Coaching and Instructing schemes and through internal and external stakeholders, particularly clubs, providers, the Training & Development Unit and statutory agencies.
Applicants must have at a minimum:
- A good understanding of the sporting landscape.
- Full, clean driving license
- Fulfil all of Canoeing Ireland’s safeguarding requirements.
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, IT and report-writing skills
- Two recent, relevant referees.
Experience, skills and attributes that will support an application will include:
- L3 Instructorship in Sea, River or Canoe.
- Experience of working in a sports development environment.
- Have completed the Sport Ireland Instructor Developer or Coach Developer Programme or be on the Instructor Developer Panel.
- Experience of working with sports clubs, community groups, and young people in a community setting
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering sustainable sporting & recreational programmes
- Recognised qualification at degree level or equivalent in sports development, leisure management or similar
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- A good understanding of project-based programme delivery with measurable outcomes
- A good understanding of and experience in project evaluation
- Be motivated by and committed to sports development and increasing opportunities for participation
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals
- Flexible approach to working evenings and weekends.
This is a full-time permanent position, subject to a successful probationary period of 9 months and annual performance appraisal. Salary will be commensurate with experience subject to annual satisfactory performance appraisal. The Development Officer will report to the CEO of Canoeing Ireland. Appropriate training and personal development opportunities will be provided.
Applicants should send a Cover Letter, CV and any supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for receipt of applications is 16th September 2022.