We are seeking a dynamic and committed individual to join our EDI team.
The EDI Officer will be a key full-time member of the staff team and will work with stakeholders including clubs, committees, members and partner organisations to increase and improve accessibility to participation in paddlesports in Ireland.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
Additional Needs Inclusion – Project management within Canoeing Ireland’s Initiative; ‘Paddle Able’. Delivering on programmes and initiatives to increase opportunities for people with additional needs.
Women in Sport – Delivering on projects within Canoeing Ireland’s Women in Sport Initiative; ‘Bridge the Gap’. Projects include events and programme development working in line with our Women in Sport Strategy.
Ethnic Minority – Co-Ordinating a new Initiative which aims to increase the visibility and opportunities for people of ethnic minority to access paddlesports, especially people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
The successful applicant should be competent at self-direction, have strong initiative and a passion for driving positive social change through sport.
Applicants must have at a minimum:
- A good understanding of the sporting landscape in Ireland.
- Full, clean driving license
- Fulfil all of Canoeing Ireland’s safeguarding requirements.
- Excellent English
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, organisation, IT, and report-writing skills.
- Two recent, relevant references.
Experience, skills and attributes that will support an application will include:
- Experience working in any EDI role covering the key activities listed above.
- Experience of working in a sports development environment.
- Experience of working with sports clubs, community groups, and people in a community setting.
- Qualification and experience as an instructor or coach in sport.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering programmes and events.
- Recognised qualification at degree level or equivalent in sports development, leisure management, outdoor education or similar.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- A good understanding of project-based programme delivery with measurable outcomes.
- A good understanding of and experience in project evaluation.
- Be motivated by and committed to sports development and increasing opportunities for participation.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Flexible approach to working evenings and weekends.
Terms of the Role
- This is a full-time 12-month contract position, subject to a successful probationary period of 3 months.
- The role is a Hybrid position with a combination of working remotely and attending meetings and events when required.
- The EDI Officer will report to the Diversity & Inclusion Manager of Canoeing Ireland.
- Appropriate training and personal development opportunities will be provided.
Applicants should send a Cover Letter, CV and any supporting documentation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The closing date for receipt of applications is 29th January 2024.
Canoeing Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.